Saturday, October 24, 2009

Your Own Soundtrack

This entry is dumb. There is no useful advice in this entry. Read it if you want a dumb story.

Tim and I have been going to Bally Total Fitness for the last month and a half to get totally fit. There's the occasional broken machine and the locker room smells foul, but overall it's not a bad gym. The biggest complaint I have against Bally, however, is that they play the same music videos over and over. And typically they choose the girliest songs - Tina Parol's Who's Got Your Money, New Kids On the Block's Summertime, and Taylor Swift's - well, any Taylor Swift song. Honestly, I think it has a negative impact on our workout. And maybe even our masculinity. Sometimes I catch Tim checking his eyelashes in the mirror during my set.

Ok ok, so that last part isn't true. And truthfully, not all their music is bad. The other day I heard a song that I recognized - a catchy tune that I had heard on BallyTV several times before, but I had never looked up to see who it was by. This time, I decided to glance up at the screen and figure out who it was that was aurally enhancing my workout week after week. I was shocked as much as I was disgusted. Jonas Brothers. All those times I made fun of hardcore fans. All the tasteless jokes - turned around and punched me in the face.

The lesson? Don't judge too early. No. Scratch that. Today's lesson: Bring your iPod to Bally Total Fitness to prevent musical brainwashing.

Now forget what I said about the Jonas Brothers. I was just kidding about liking their song.

No comments:

Post a Comment