Friday, September 11, 2009

Let it Ride

One of my favorite views of the city so far can be seen from the middle of Charles River just west of the locks separating the river from Boston Harbor (or as they call it, the Bahston Hahbah). On my fifth day here, we decided to check out one of Boston's dragonboat clubs. I'll admit, my technique and form are rusty from lack of practice. In all honesty, though, the main reason I paddled poorly was because I wasn't focused in the boat. Throughout practice, my eyes kept wandering off of the front rows and onto the environment around me. They say Boston is best explored on foot, but dragonboat practice provided a brand new perspective. Today's advice: if you get a chance, explore a city by water. After all, 75% of the Earth's surface is covered with water. Think of all the views you'll be missing if you just stay on land.

1 comment:

  1. you have a blog!?!?! :) :) YOU ROCK. i'm excited to hear about your adventures on the east coast :)

    ReplyDelete